The Times Comprehensive Atlas of the World
The latest edition of the world's most prestigious and authoritative world atlas, containing up-to-date world maps and thematic information curated by experts in geography and cartography. Now in its fourteenth edition, the Times Comprehensive Atlas of the World continues to be the benchmark of cartographic excellence. The atlas is relied on and trusted by governments, media companies and international organizations around the world including the UN and the European Commission.
- Double page map of the Arctic Ocean
- New maps of sub-ice features in the Arctic Ocean and the Antarctic
- Physical maps of all the continents Major updates include:
- 5000 place name changes, most notably in Japan, Brazil, South Korea, Taiwan and Spain.
- A beautifully illustrated section on current issues, including climate change, economy and energy, and a new section on the power of maps.
- Updated national parks and conserved areas including the Kavango Zambezi Transfrontier Conservation Area (KAZA TFCA), the largest conservation zone in the world.
- Realignment of the international boundary between Burkina Faso and Niger resulting from the International Court of Justice decision.
- Addition of Brussel as alternative local name form for Bruxelles (Brussels) as city is officially bilingual. Now shown as Brussel/Bruxelles.
- New administrative structures in Burkina Faso, Cote d'Ivoire, Kenya and Madagascar, and the addition of the new Indian state of Telangana.
- Addition of over 50 major waterfalls around the world.
|Product Name||The Times Comprehensive Atlas of the World|
|Size||316 x 456 x 30 mm (12.4 x 18 x 1.18 inches)|
|Number of Pages||544|
The Times Comprehensive Atlas of the World
Retail Price: 150
Format : Casebound
Release Date: 2011-09-15
General Delivery Information
All orders are dispatched as soon as possible; however we are unable to guarantee delivery by a particular date, as once dispatched the progress of any order is out of our control. Please see below for details of our different delivery options.
UK Delivery Addresses
- Standard Mail Delivery
This is our FREE** service where orders will be dispatched usually within 3 working days on a Royal Mail 2nd Class Service, however print on demand, personalised, flat or mounted items will be dispatched within 1 working day of that item being made ready to ship. Once dispatched orders usually take between 3-5 working days for delivery.
- First Class Delivery
We aim to dispatch these orders usually within 3 working days via a Royal Mail First Class Service, however print on demand, personalised, flat or mounted items will be dispatched within 1 working day of that item being made ready to ship. Once dispatched orders usually take between 1-2 working days for delivery.
- Express Delivery
Where items ordered are available for immediate dispatch then they will be shipped within 1 working day. Print on demand, personalised, flat or mounted items will be dispatched within 1 working day of that item being made ready to ship. Please see individual item descriptions for more information. In all instances orders are shipped on a 24 hour next working day* carrier service. Items shipped by this method CAN NOT be delivered to a PO BOX and will require a signature on delivery.
Due to the individual size of some items, item packaging or total weight of the order then delivery may be limited to an Express Delivery option only. In these cases this service will be a FREE**.
*Next working day service excludes address in Scottish Highlands and Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Channel Islands and Northern Ireland
**FREE delivery is not available for any addresses outside the UK or to addresses in the Scottish Highlands and Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Channel Islands and Northern Ireland when certain items are purchased and require delivery by a method other than Royal Mail as standard. FREE Delivery is also not available on any items that are mounted flat onto any medium.
Overseas Delivery Addresses
All overseas orders are sent by airmail and priced according to the total weight of the order. We have no way of advising on delivery times for overseas orders but most should arrive within 21 working days of dispatch.
Non Delivery, Shortages or Faulty Items
Non delivery please allow 10 working days from placing your order in the UK and 21 working days for overseas orders before contacting us. This will allow ample time for the delivery service to attempt delivery.
For products supplied by mistake, incomplete or faulty please see our Returns Guidelines,
Items not dispatched by A-Z
Some items available from our website are created on demand and/or shipped direct from the manufacturer. Please see individual item descriptions for more information and allow up to 7 working days for dispatch. Items dispatched this way are normally sent via a Royal Mail First Class Service.