Memory Map CD-ROM
This Memory-Map series run on a Windows PC, Pocket PC or compatible mobile phone. Quickly pan and zoom through four levels of detailed street and Great Britain road mapping.
- Fully searchable index to map features such as: Streets, Stations, Hospitals, Places of Interest and Postcodes (not all CD-ROMs have all indexes, check individual titles before purchasing).
- Click on the map to add routes and waypoints or draw a track freehand using the AutoTrack™ tool. See leg distance, compass bearing and total journey length.
- Check the overall ascent and descent of your route with an interactive hill profile.
- Save waypoints, routes and tracks for future use, send them via email, or even put them on your web page – great for planning a group trip!
- Visualise your routes and tracks in continuous 3D landscape. Change the lighting to envision the hills during different times of the day or create Fly-through movies of your routes and tracks and save them for future use.
- Create a digital journal by adding pictures, text, sound or other program files to any point on the map.
- Print maps at the scale of your choice.
- Automatic paging when printing maps containing longer routes and tracks.
- Add detailed text to your maps – useful for creating route finding notes, recording details of hazards or highlighting areas of interest.
- Print your own fully detailed route card with waypoints, compass bearings, distances and grid coordinates and add personal notes, photos and hill profiles.
- Print maps showing 3D terrain on an accurate 2D scale map. Just a glance at the map shows all the hills and valleys, making it easy to interpret contour lines.
Use on a Windows Mobile phone or iPhone
Complete software application with route creation, searchable index and very fast map display.
Download the whole or part of an atlas to your mobile phone. Easily zoom and pan quickly across the map or search the index.
An ideal accessory when you're away from home.
Memory-Map is compatible with Garmin, Magellan, Silva, Suunto GPS receivers connected to Windows based devices, or built-in GPS receivers on mobile phones. When a GPS receiver is connected, the following features are available:
Real time positioning. The map scrolls and records a track as you move. Use the tracklog to see where you’ve been.
Save time and reduce errors by transferring the waypoints and routes from your PC or Pocket PC directly to your GPS.
Display a pointer arrow showing the direction, bearing and distance to the next waypoint.
Project your current course and speed for a given time to see where you’ll be.
Create a warning zone and an alarm is activated should you enter (or leave) the zone.
For more details on the individual titles, please see the links below.