This refurbished Edwardian office building, number 24 Gray’s Inn Road, was the company’s London premises from 1953. There was a shop on the ground floor and a basement which acted as a modest stock warehouse. The first two floors were allocated to management and the General Office with the top floor occupied by the Drawing Office which benefited from the better natural light there. This was a significant move which was not without risk as it amounted to a tenfold jump in rent to £2,125 per year and a 42 year lease. Although the company moved it’s operations to new premises in Sevenoaks in 1962 the shop remained in use here until 1982 when it moved to number 44.