Premier London and Suburbs Map
- 3 1961
- 2.8 inches to 1 mile (4.4cm to 1km)
- Rational Scale:
- Size Unfolded:
- 1126 x 883 mm (44.3 x 34.8 inches)
Covering an area from Hornsey in the north to Wimbledon in the south and Brentford in the west to Charlton in the east, this facsimile copy of our 1962 Premier Map of London and Suburbs gives a fascinating snapshot of the city ahead of major road infrastructure changes. The southern section of the M1, the M4 flyover, the East Cross Route and the Blackwall Tunnel Approach roads have all yet to be built to meet the demands of increasing car ownership.
Discover districts before expansion and detail ultimately lost to future development, including the Isle of Dogs, Surrey Docks, Royal Docks, Greenwich Peninsula and Stratford. Locate the White City Stadium, Hackney Wick Greyhound Race Track and the footprint of Crystal Palace marked as 'destroyed by fire 1936'; seek out names long gone, including The South Metropolitan Gas Works (Greenwich) and the West Middlesex Water Works, today transformed into the London Wetland Centre.
Of particular interest are the pre-GLC metropolitan borough boundaries (e.g. Poplar, Stepney and Bethnal Green) and the yellow bus routes, depicted in preference to road classification colours.
This map offers something of interest for everyone, whether from a historical perspective, out of general curiosity or, quite simply, as an attractive vintage map.
Recent top 10 bestsellers in the Greater London section via our website.
- London A-Z Master Atlas (Flexibound)
- London A-Z Street Atlas (paperback)
- London A-Z Premier Map
- Big London A-Z Street Atlas
- London Knowledge A-Z Atlas
- London A-Z Postcode and Administrative Boundaries Map
- London A-Z Street Atlas - Historical Edition
- London Super Scale A-Z Street Atlas
- 50 Miles around London A-Z Road Map
- Handy Map of Central London