Waterways Guide 7 River Thames & the Southern Waterways
- 148 x 210 x 11 mm (5.8 x 8.3 x 0.4 inches)
- ID / ISBN:
Popular guide covering the canals and waterways between Exeter and the River Thames. Colour Ordnance Survey(R) maps clearly show locks, towpaths and boating facilities. There are also comprehensive navigational notes as well as descriptions of the towns and villages, pubs and restaurants alongside the waterways.
Waterways covered in this guide - Basingstoke Canal, Bridgwater & Taunton Canal, Grand Western Canal, Exeter Ship Canal, Kennet & Avon Canal, River Thames, River Wey.
In print for over 40 years, the Collins/Nicholson guides to the waterways have always been a vital part of journeys along Britain's canals and rivers. They are designed for anyone and everyone with an interest in Britain's inland waterways - from experienced boaters to those planning their first boat trip, as well as walkers, cyclists and visitors.
The Ordnance Survey(R) maps have added information showing:
- Locks, bridges, tunnels, aqueducts, winding holes and towpaths.
- Waterpoints, sanitary stations, pump out facilities and refuse disposal.
- Boatyards, pubs, restaurants and local shops.
- Mile markers and milestones (distance in miles and number of locks to strategic points along the waterways).
- The history and background to each canal.
- Local services and places of interest, pubs and restaurants and postcodes added for each place.
- Opportunities for walking and cycling.
- Notes on wildlife to be found along the waterways.
Comprehensive navigational notes include:
- Maximum dimensions and low bridges.
- Mileages, advice and potential hazards.
- Navigation authorities and contact details.
Please note: this product is either manufactured by a third party and resold by A-Z Maps, or contains third party mapping.
Recent top 10 bestsellers in the SE England & E.Anglia section via our website.
- Southend-on-Sea A-Z Street Atlas
- Essex A-Z Street Atlas (spiral)
- Kent A-Z Street Atlas (spiral)
- Norwich A-Z Street Atlas
- 50 Miles around London A-Z Road Map
- Brighton & Worthing Street Atlas
- Maps - A Colouring Book
- Milton Keynes Premier Map
- South East & Central England A-Z Road Map
- Surrey A-Z Street Atlas (spiral)